Saturday, January 30, 2010

Going Too Far


First tonight, in Zombie Films:

Uncle Prospero visits loads of movie sites and reads tons of movie news online. Virgin Media recently posted a list of the most ridiculous horror movie titles, and it was there that I found RetarDEAD, the sequel to the equally crappy (all puns intended) movie about a poop-monster (I kid you not), Monsturd. In RetarDEAD, the mad scientist from Monsturd somehow manages to get a job at school for Special Needs children, where he continues the horrific experiments he started in Monsturd.

Really? Someone actually financed these movies?

Needless to say, while trying to boost the intelligence of the students, the mad scientist instead turns them into flesh-eating zombies.

Now, you and I both know that Uncle P loves him a good (okay, even a bad) Zombie movie. But having worked with Special Needs individuals, in my youth, I find myself highly offended by this movie (and those of you who know me personally, know just how hard it is to offend me). Still...

The Writers/Directors of these atrocities are Rick Popko and Dan West, two "gentlemen" who seem to think that feces and disabilities are funny. To both of them I say "Shame on you!" And just so you don't think I've just gone off on my high horse again, here's the trailer for what is undoubtedly one of the worst movies ever made:



On the bright side, the trailer for the Spanish Zombie/Rabies sequel [Rec]2 is out. It sort of looks like Aliens meets Dawn of the Dead, but since it's made by the original's writer and director, I have high hopes. Of course, it may lead to the inevitable Quarantine 2, but that's okay; Quarantine actually wasn't a terrible movie.



In Zombie Science:

From How Things Work comes "How Zombies Work" a rather fascinating look at Haitian Voodoo and its correlation to the Horror Sub-genre created by George Romero in 1968. It's a good read, and I highly recommend it.

And finally, in Zombie Blogs:

Over at Billy Loves Stu, fellow gay Horror Blogger Pax Romano has listed his 2009 Hot Zombie Award winners for the best Horror Blogs. Uncle P is, sadly, not among the winners, but give me time...

Hungry for more? Check out The Zombie Zone every Saturday Night for more Gut-Chomping, Brain-Eating, Blood-Spurting Zombie stuff.

More Gut-Chomping, Brain-Eating and Blood-Spurting soon.
Prospero

No comments:

Post a Comment