Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Beginning of the End?


That's a still from last year's Norwegian Nazi Zombie film, Dead Snow, which I still have not seen, despite its having been released on DVD. And that's a shame.

My DVD player stopped working a few months back and while I can certainly afford a new one, it seems there have been more pressing things on my mind. Maybe I'll look for it OnDemand. Though, to be perfectly honest, now that I am in the midst of directing the annual JTMF show, I simply have very little time for anything else. "But Uncle P, you blog almost every day." I know, but that's usually late at night (it's after 11 PM here as I write this) and by the time I'm usually finished blogging, it's bedtime. And how lame is it that I am sitting her at 11 PM on a Saturday night, blogging? The less said about that, the better, I suppose... sigh...

Anyway, since I posted a picture from a zombie movie, I may as well talk about Zombie Films. Below is the first installment of a new Webseries, "Universal Dead," starring D.B. Sweeney (Fire in the Sky), Gary Graham ("Alien Nation") and Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth; Legion):



Now you may be asking "Does this really qualify as a Zombie Film?" Well, eventually, yes. And on a completely TMI side note, I find the grey-haired soldier assigned to protect Graham to be exceptionally hot... I'll be posting more episodes as they appear.

And this week in
Zombie Science, this happened:



Of course you and I both know that this can only lead to the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse. And for when it does happen, Archie McPhee's blog Monkey Goggles, has provided us with a handy guide to Zombie Etiquette, which you can read here. Remember the name J. Craig Venter, as he will no doubt go down in history as the man who set everything into motion.*

Finally, in this week's Zombie Clip of the Week Zombie College's Scott makes his way through Zombie Territory to buy Zelda a brownie cake in an effort to prove his love for her:



Mmmm... brownie cake! I mean... er... um... Mmmm... Braaaaaiiiiiinnss!

Have a good week all!

More sexually ambiguous food-related humor, soon.
Prospero

*And you know I'm kidding here, right? I am sure Dr. Venter looks nothing like Gene Wilder, nor are his intentions evil or zombie-related in any way (or are they?).


No comments:

Post a Comment