Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mmmm... Human Flesh... D'oh!


Not much to talk about this week, but let's start tonight off with some Zombie Ink, shall we? You all know of course, that I have a few tattoos. They are one-of-a-kind custom tatts that I thought very carefully about before committing them permanently to my skin. They are works of art and self-expression and they have very personal meaning to me.

And I'm not just a Zombie fan. I love lots of other things, including "The Simpsons," which even at its worst, is still better than a lot of stuff on TV. But other than the annual "Treehouse of Horror" episode, I would never have thought to combine the two. Especially not as a tattoo. I just cannot imagine walking into Living Arts and saying "I want a tattoo of Homer Simpson as a zombie. Oh, and I want it on the top of my foot."

First of all, the top of the foot is probably one of the most painful places to get inked. There isn't a whole lot of flesh there and the needle comes awfully close to the bone. And secondly, isn't getting a Homer Simpson tatt (even a non-Zombie one) a little like getting a Calvin and Hobbes or a Hello Kitty tatt? And even though it's probably not that big, the number of colors (I count at least 7) in this tattoo means it wasn't cheap, either. Seriously, if you're going to get a cartoon character tattoo, at least make it an awesome one. Remember folks, tattoos are very expensive to remove.

There isn't a whole lot of other Zombie-related stuff going on these days, other than this Zombie Fiction story over at BoingBoing about Amelia Beamer's novel The Loving Dead:

"...THE LOVING DEAD is about zombies, all right, but it's zombies with Xanax, zeppelins, Trader Joe's, iPhone apps, sex, humor, adventure, NPR, IKEA, and Indiana Jones! It's a rollercoaster ride of a read and a true original!" - author Connie Willis.

Sounds like a fun read, no?

Finally, the Zombie Clip of the Week:

This is an oldie, but a goodie:



I can certainly imagine that if Dick Cheney had told George that Zombies were behind 9/11, the moron would have staged just such a press conference. Though it would hardly surprise me to find out that the Bush campaign had actually recruited the Living Dead to vote for him. I mean, they're the only ones I can imagine were mindless enough to vote for that idiot twice. And on that very political note, I shall wish you all a good week.

More gore, soon.
Prospero

No comments:

Post a Comment