Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jerky, Kitties and Other Assorted Nonsense


Several things to discuss tonight, the first of which has forced your Uncle P to create a new category, Zombie Snacks, because the item below certainly can't be described as Zombie Pastries:

Oh, those wacky Japanese! This is an image of the package for a new product available at select Japanese stores: Zombie Jerky. The actual product is dyed blue, like bloodless zombie flesh. The folks at i09, where I found this story, don't say what the jerky is actually made from, though Kobe beef would probably be cost-prohibitive (i09 reports that it sells for about $4.50 a bag, U.S.). And I really hope this isn't Soylent Blue, or something equally disturbing.

Of course, disgusting candies and other treats have been around for a long time. Take these Fear Factor Creature Parts or these Chocolate Dog Poo Treats for example. Not really something I'd want to eat, either. And since I'm not really a fan of jerky in any form (it always tastes like spice leather to me), I don't see myself buying any Zombie Jerky in the foreseeable future.

In Zombie News,:

The Wrap has a rather extensive interview with the Godfather of Zombies, George A. Romero, in which he talks about "the zombie business, Fred Rogers’ tonsillectomy and being paid to cut a fart in Hollywood." You can read the whole interview here. Romero's sixth entry into the genre, Survival of the Dead is currently available OnDemand and playing in select theaters, now. While I actually enjoyed Romero's hand-held, 1st person Diary of the Dead, I think he may have actually 'jumped the shark' with this Hatfields and McCoys tale of survivors on an Irish island battling zombies and each other. When I get a chance to finally see it, you can be sure I'll review it.

And then there is this story about family bonding and the 5th Annual Boston Zombie Walk, over at The Boston Channel. Oddly, it made me feel both old and relevant at the same time.

And this week in Zombie Nonsense, the clip below may not be new, but it's new to me. The Kitty Zombie Apocalypse never sounded so good as it does in this sick little crossover into Zombie Music. I give you "Meow:"



I don't know... Is there something really wrong about kittens committing suicide, or is it just me?

And this week's Zombie Clip of the Week is also an oldie, but a goodie. Night of the Zombie is a very amusing short about...

wait for it...

Zombie Abuse! Enjoy:



More shambling, soon.
Prospero.

No comments:

Post a Comment